Saturday, April 12, 2008

Return from the Bed


April 12, 2008 Saturday

Hooray! I'm outside and walking again. I was so happy to be relatively healthy I took another adventurous drive and headed South 65 miles. I ended up at Juno Beach Pier Park. It was crowded with people, and high tide, but lovely clouds and beautiful colors surrounded me. All of the photos I publish are taken with a Canon A550. I didn't go walking on the pier, I'll do that next time when I walk North from there.

I had only a slight idea of where I was walking, so I headed South. The tide had been much earlier, and as always, I wasn't. The walking was difficult. The sand was fine and squishy. But still there were great stretches without buildings or people.
I not sure what I was thinking about today. My mind seems blank. Rosemary Mahoney, in her book Down the Nile: Alone in a Fisherman's Skiff,
felt the same way. Because of the physical repetition of the task (walking or rowing) if you relax, you feel good and your thoughts wander. Section: Juno Beach Pier South to a nice parking lot close to the Juno Police Department
Water temperature: 76
UV: 9 at noon
Wind: From the South
Tide: high
Time: 11:00am-1pm
Length: 2 miles give or take (4 miles, RT)
Marine animals: none
People: crowds, but sometimes there wasn't anybody
Beach litter: medium

No comments: